Do you have Arthritic & Joint Pain?
Ageing is a natural physiological process that we cannot avoid. As we get older, the elasticity present within our body deteriorates and thus excess strain is felt through our joints and muscles. This occurs at a stage in our life when we have more time for recreation, only to find out that age-related pain and stiffness prevents us from experiencing our new found freedom. To compound this, our fitness levels start to decline leading to further inactivity.
The effects of ageing on the body’s structure leads to symptoms that are commonly aided by Osteopathic treatment, such as:
- Generalised, early morning stiffness
- Lower back pain and stiffness
- Neck, shoulder and arm pain
- Hip and knee pain
- Arthritic pain and stiffness
People over the age of 55 are more likely to suffer from the effects of osteoarthritis. This degenerative condition creates joint stiffness and pain which then restricts mobility. Many people mistakenly believe that the effect of ageing on the body’s joints is untreatable and they have no alternative but to live with it.
That’s where Sports & Spinal Albury can help you find a solution. Our Osteopaths provide:
- Treatment aimed at increasing joint mobility and decreasing muscle tension,
- A home exercise program to keep you stronger and more flexible,
- Guidance about outdoor activities and exercises, such as daily walks to keep your circulation healthy and maintain muscle mass,
- Information about other therapies like yoga, Tai-Chi and gym-based training to maximise strength and your balance.
No doctors referral is necessary to see an Osteopath. Most of the clients come to our clinic are referred by their friends or family members as they have been so impressed with the service we offer. Osteopathic treatment is covered under Chronic Disease Management scheme and the Department of Veterans Affairs, provided you have a referral from your general practitioner. Most private health funds cover part of the cost of Osteopathic treatment in their “extras” schemes.
What are you waiting for? Come in and find out why we are the Osteopaths that care.
Bookings are essential. Please call 02 6021 1975 to make yours today.